Colaboradores

Kickstarter - LIX 3D PRINTING PEN [Reseña] [Inglés]

• 0 Respuestas
  • 3296 Vistas

Desconectado jjreviewers

• Minero experto

Total de insignias: 5
    Insignias: (Ver todas)
    Seis años en el foro. Cinco años en el foro Ha creado 10 hilos en el foro. Tres años en el foro. Un año en el foro
« en: Mayo 13, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »
LIX - The Smallest 3D Printing Pen in the World

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lix3d/lix-the-smallest-3d-printing-pen-in-the-world

Description: A 3D pen which enables you to doodle in the air pushing your creativity to another level.

Design:

In case the image is not available, here you can see the dimensions and external components of this 3D printing pen.
•   FILAMENT INPUT: 1.75 mm / 0.069 inch
•   DIAMETER OF THE PEN: 14 mm / 0.55 inch
•   LENGTH: 164 mm / 6.45 inch
•   ANODIZED UNIBODY ALUMINUM
•   LED HEAD INDICATORS
•   SPEED CONTROL BUTTONS
•   SECOND DIAMENTER (WHERE WE CAN FIND THE SPEED CONTROL BUTTONS): 12 mm / 0.47 inch
•   THIRD DIAMETER (CLOSE TO THE OUTPUT): 8 mm/ 0.31 inch
•   HEATING POINT: AROUND 200 °C / 392 °F
•   FILAMENT OUTPUT: 0.6 mm / 0.024 inch

REVIEW

FIRST IMPRESSION

As soon as I discovered this project I wanted to know more about it so I decided to take a look and do this review to learn and share what we have in this project.
At first I thought it was something related to SCI-FI, since I have never seen something similar, the idea is really interesting and the results impressive!

Statue. Decoration item made by LIX team.

Watching the official video in their Kickstarter page you can see how it works and I had to watch it twice because it is curious, interesting, surprising… I do not know, I felt I needed to see again the results because I really liked it.

LIX

It is a professional tool that enables you to sketch in the air without using paper.

Just by having this description you may start feeling curiosity, since it is something new for many of us.

The step from 2D to 3D is something every of us have dreamt more than once, for example, when you were a child… Did not you want your drawings, pictures to become “real” things? I think this project is spectacular if you want to free your imagination!

It can be used for fashion, decor pieces, to customize necklaces, rings, decorative items for your body, etc. and to make your own prototypes.

HOW IT WORKS

To explain how it works you just need an image.

In four steps you will be doodling in the air.

•   Plug in the power cable to LIX
•   Plug in the power cable to USB port
•   Insert the filament
•   Wait 60 seconds for the nozzle to heat up and you can start!

EVOLUTION OF THE PRODUCT

MATERIAL USED

ABS FILAMENT: Greater strength, flexibility, malleability and higher temperature resistance. Melting point at 356 °F and works at 446 °F.

PLA FILAMENT: Comes in a wide range of colors and levels of attractive glossy translucency. The plant-based origins have slightly less strength and flexibility than ABS and is also sensitive to moisture. Melting point at 320 °F and works at 356 °F.

CONCLUSION

I felt really interested in this product when I discovered it and I am more than really interested now I know a little bit more about it. I think you can do incredible things with it and you may use it from a professional point of view but also as a hobbie. Something negative? It requires time to master it and to create masterpieces, but hey! PLA and ABS filaments are not expensive so enjoy practicing and show the world what you can do with your LIX!

We would appreciate so much your support! We will upload more reviews! www.facebook.com/pages/CF-Games/292604300894670

NOTE: We are reviewers, we do not try to sell anything. The only thing we do is to support projects by writing a review regarding the project itself and spreading the word about it. THANKS!!